Leveraging our business and legal expertise, we founded the firm with the desire to produce tangible results for every client, without the expense of large firm overhead. With a thorough and determined approach, we successfully navigate all phases of private and public construction practice and dispute resolution, including:
- Drafting and negotiating contracts with an emphasis on risk-mitigation
- Advising on effective bid preparation, solicitation, and negotiation
- Preparing and pursuing delay and disruption claims
- Resolving disputes over changes, labor inefficiencies, and other equitable adjustment claims
- Defending and prosecuting payment and performance bond claims
- Initiating, enforcing or defending mechanic's liens
- Mitigating project delays and/or other risk avoidance measures
- Providing timely construction administration assistance
- Addressing defects in labor and materials and/or design defects in plans and specifications
- Representing clients in the courtroom, mediation, or arbitration forum
- Serving as project neutrals or on project dispute resolution boards
Whether it is deploying an effective trial strategy in the courtroom, risk avoidance in up-front negotiations, or bargaining over change orders at the site or mediation table, BrigliaMcLaughlin provides experienced and skillful counsel focused on advancing your company’s goals.
Our attorneys are licensed to practice in Virginia, Maryland, and the District of Columbia. We have successfully tried cases throughout the metropolitan region and in Florida, Texas, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, and New York.