1950 OLD GALLOWS ROAD, SUITE 750
VIENNA, VA 22182
PHONE: 703.506.1990 FAX: 703.506.1140
· BrigliaMcLaughlin recently obtained a complete defense verdict on behalf of its national surety client in a nine-day federal jury trial involving a performance bond claim. Carnell Construction Corporation v. Danville Redevelopment Housing Authority, Case No. 4-10cv7 (W.D.Va.)
· BrigliaMcLaughlin successfully protested a potential five-year contract award for chemical supplies to its client’s competitor in Virginia state court. The contract, valued at over $500,000, was then awarded to BrigliaMcLaughlin’s client. Kemira Water Solutions, Inc. v. Town of Leesburg, Case No. CL-60330 (Loudoun County, Virginia).
· BrigliaMcLaughlin successfully negotiated a substantial settlement on behalf of its subcontractor client against a joint venture general contracting firm, resulting in a multi-million dollar settlement payment to our client.
· BrigliaMcLaughlin was awarded a complete defense verdict at trial on behalf of its national surety client in Maryland state court. AvtoImports, LLC v. Nova Casualty Company, Case No. 010100091002011 (Baltimore City, Maryland).
· BrigliaMcLaughlin successfully prosecuted an overpayment claim at trial on behalf of its contractor client against a subcontractor in Virginia state court. Utility Line Services, Inc. v. Contracting & Technical Services, Inc., Case No. 2010-727 (Fairfax County, Virginia).
· BrigliaMcLaughlin recently obtained an affirmative award for its national surety client for almost $500,000 in an indemnity suit involving claims against multiple defendants. Liberty Mutual Ins. Co. v. Wright, et al., Case No. 2010-11324 (Fairfax County, Virginia).
(May 13, 2013) - In Cuesport Properties, LLC v. Critical Developments, LLC, 209 Md. App. 607, 61 A.3d 91 (2013), the Maryland Court of Special Appeals examined and affirmed the ...More
VIRGINIA FINDS MECHANICS’ LIENS ENFORCEABLE BUT REMANDS TO EXAMINE WHETHER THE ENTIRE PROPERTY MAY BE SOLD TO SATISFY THE LIEN.
(May 3, 2013) - In Glasser & Glasser, PLC v. Jack Bays, Inc., 2013 WL 718748 (Va. Sup. Ct.) (Record Nos. 120287-120289) (Feb. 28, 2013), the Virginia Supreme Court recently ...More
VIRGINIA FEDERAL COURT EXAMINES THE INCORPORATION OF THE VIRGINIA PUBLIC PROCUREMENT ACT INTO A MASONRY SUBCONTRACT.
(April 11, 2013) - In South End Construction, Inc. v. Tom Brunton Masonry, Inc., 2013 WL 792779 (W.D.Va. Feb. 25, 2013) (Civil Action No. 7:12-cv-390), the U.S. District Court for ...More